TO FIND OUT IF SOMEONE IS IN JAIL, you make click on Vinelink.com to search by name.
You may also call Sarpy County Jail at 402-593-2298.
Mon. and Wed.
1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00* PM
|Tues. and Thurs.||
9:30, 10:30* AM
*These time slots are half hour visits only
Visitation Rules and Regulations
- NO FOOD, DRINKS OR CELL PHONES ARE PERMITTED IN THE WAITING AREA OR VISITATION ARE
- Visitors must be signed in with the receptionist 20-30 minutes prior to the hour requesting a visit for. If the visitor arrives after the allotted time period to sign in, the visitor will have to wait until the next hour to visit.
- The inmate may only have one continuous hour per visiting day, 2 days a week, excluding holidays. Visitation may be cancelled in cases of severe weather or other incidents. (There are no make-up days).
- There are a maximum of five (5) visitors within that hour. The visitors will determine how to divide up the visitation time within that hour.
- A photo ID (driver's license or state ID) is required when signing in for visit.
- Your name MUST be on the inmate's visiting list; if not, you WILL NOT be allowed to visit. It is the inmate's responsibility to notify those individuals on his/her authorized visitor list. Staff will not relase information regarding an inmate's authorized visitor list.
- Any visitor causing damage tot he visiting room will be criminally charged and prohibited from future visits. This includes, but is not limited to, scraching carving, writing on or otherwise marring the counter surface and/or painted window ledges.
- Visitors are not allowed to take any items into visitation. This includes but is not limited to writing instruments, paper, electronic devices (e.g. cell phones, games, etc.), weapons, photographs, purses, brief cases, etc.
- All personal property must be secured in a locker or in your vehicle.
- Medically authorized prosthetic appliances, such as wheelchairs, crutches, canes, or artificial limbs are permitted.
- Prescription medication that may be needed immediately (nitro-glycerine or prescribed asthma inhaler) will be allowed but must be in its original container.
- Dress Code: The Receptionist’s decision on attire is final. Specific guidelines for attire have been established. Any person wearing attire deemed to be inappropriate will not be permitted into the facility for visitation. Attire deemed to be inappropriate include but are not limited to the following:
- See through, sheer or translucent clothing
- Shorts that are four (4) inches above the knee
- Skirts and/or dresses that are one (1) inch above the knee
- Halter tops, tube tops, crop tops, backless tops, V-necks, low cut shirts, tank tops, sleeveless shirts or 1/4 sleeves, swim suits, shirts/sweaters with zippers, shrugs or little jackets, spaghetti string tied tops or other clothing revealing bare shoulders or midriff
- Tights and leggings unless worn under appropriate clothing
- Hats, caps or scarves (Religious or medical exceptions may be considered)
- Coats, jackets or hooded sweatshirts of any kind
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn
- Conduct During Visit: All visiting sessions are monitored. Lewd conduct or disruptive behaviour, by either the inmate or visitor, will result in termination of the visit and the visitor's removal from the inmate's visitor list.
Visitors Under 18 Years Old
- No one under the age of 18 will be allowed to visit an inmate unless
- the visitor is married to the inmate; or
- the visitor is a biological child of the inmate
- The names of all children MUST be on the inmate's visiting list
- Children MUST be supervised at all times during the visit by the other parent or the legal guardian.
- The legal guardian MUST provide a legal document showing guardianship.
- An original birth certificate with RAISED SEAL is required for any child under 18 years old. The inmate's name must appear on the birth certificate.
END OF VISITING RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Mail may be sent to inmates at:
Sarpy County Jail
1208 Golden Gate Dr.
Papillion, NE 68046
- Mail Rejection: All incoming mail is subject review. The mail containing any of the following will be rejected and returned to sender or placed in the inmate’s property and returned to him/her upon release:
- The inmate’s name is not clear and legible or there is no name
- There are multiple inmates with the same name (date of birth or initial should be added)
- Content showing or depicting sexual acts, nudity, sexually explicit or suggestive poses or clothing, gang related activities or criminal activities
- Personal photographs
- Laminated/plastic items (e.g. photos, cards, etc.)
- Excessive amounts of photocopies or printed material
- Stickers, lipstick, glitter, whiteout, glued items, adhesives (such as tape), or bodily fluids
- Bubble wrap or padded envelopes
- Musical greeting cards or jumbo greeting cards
- Third Party mail
- Perfume or cologne
- Derogatory or defamatory material
- Unknown substances
- Books or Magazines: Soft cover books and magazines will only be received if sent directly from the publisher.
- Legal mail is searched in the presence of the inmate during delivery
- Pre-stamped envelopes are available for purchase through the Inmate commissary
- Postage for mailing bulky items is charged to the Inmate’s account.
- Indigent inmates are provided writing material and postage at no charge
- Inmates are not allowed personal photographs. Photographs received will be placed in the inmate’s property.
- Cash or money orders may be used to place money on an inmate’s account.
- Money is taken Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:45pm at Sarpy County Jail Reception
- Bond Money is taken 24 hours a day at the Sarpy County Jail 24 hour Entrance
- Inmate account information will not be provided to the public; it is the inmate’s responsibility to provide that information.
- Funds may be placed on an inmate’s phone account with credit card, debit card or cash at the Synergy Kiosk in Jail Reception Monday-Friday. Funds may also be added at pay.telmate.com or at (866) 516-0115